We have a vacancy for a C, E&I Monitoring Technician to join its busy team, flexible working from our Repository site in Cumbria.
The C, E&I Engineering Technician will be part of a small team of two engineers and one technician assisting the C, E&I Responsible engineer in:
- Producing C, E&I design packages to support projects and tasks on the LLWR site.
- Providing C, E&I technical support to the Systems Engineering and Operations and Maintenance teams on the LLWR site.
Projects and task will be part of the following programmes on the LLWR site:
- RACER (Repository Asset Care, Enhancements and Remediation) – tasks and projects to support the safe and efficient operation of the LLWR site.
- RDP (Repository Development Project) – task and projects to enable the long-term capping of waste disposal facilities on the LLWR site.
- To produce C, E&I drawings of a suitable quality supporting successful project and task delivery.
- To assist with the production of other C, E&I design deliverables (e.g specification, calculations and technical reports) of a suitable quality supporting successful project and task delivery.
- To produce “as-built” C, E&I drawings to ensure that they reflect the configuration baseline and allow projects and tasks to be successfully closed out.
- To assist with the production of other “as-built” C, E&I design deliverables to ensure that they reflect the configuration baseline and allow projects and tasks to be successfully closed out.
- To carry out plant walkdowns and revise record drawings supporting the management of the C,E&I configuration baseline.
- To manage and administer the LLWR site master cable schedule.
- To assist with the management of the CE&I aspects of the live services drawing and collate information for LLWR site excavations
- To manage own workload, attend project and team meetings and provide regular progress updates supporting the management of the C,E &I team and successful project and task delivery.
- To maintain technical competence and currency with respect to modern C,E &I standards and methodologies to allow compliance with current best practice and ensure compliance with regulations, standards and procedures
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification.
- Suitable post-qualification experience.
- Experienced and confident using AutoCAD
- HNC in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification.
- The ability to obtain SC clearance.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.