Nuclear Waste Services are looking for proactive established senior project managers and project managers, looking for their next step. In this role you will not just act as a figure head but have the opportunity to make a real hands on impact in the delivery of long term projects and programmes.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will play an important role throughout the full project lifecycle from project initiation, delivery and close out within a significant waste management programme.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for delivery of your assigned project(s), playing a key role in providing permanent answers for nuclear waste. You will be fully responsible for full lifecycle project ownership and project delivery to meet objectives to time, cost, quality, and safety.
The role holder will be responsible for establishing projects, including gaining agreement on project objectives, planning, and defining scope, gaining required stage gate approvals, procuring required resources, managing project teams, and utilising appropriate governance arrangements.
- Manage, lead, and provide project management and oversight for all aspects of allocated projects within Nuclear Waste Services to project objectives.
- Ensure integrated planning across projects and functions in both the near and longer-term, cascading and translating programme vision into project delivery requirements.
- Ensure that effective governance and control is exercised over the Project.
- Develop, monitor, and control the budget for projects.
- Ensure accurate reporting is provided to senior stakeholders.
- Provide effective leadership and support, including coaching and mentoring as appropriate, to project managers and project staff. Deal with all people manager tasks.
- Own risk and issue management to ensure risks and issues are managed proactively, effectively and, where appropriate, escalated to the NWS Programme Board to ensure there are no surprises for key stakeholders.
- Own the management of scope, schedules, assumptions, and dependencies across projects to ensure effective configuration and change control.
- Work with functional leads to ensure that sufficient resource is secured, allocated and prioritised to deliver the required programme.
- Change Management and communication of change to support delivery of the Programme and culture and organisational change.
- Ensure strategic initiatives and regulatory requirements are integrated and supported within the relevant Programme.
- Identify and manage stakeholder relationships, including effective communications.
- The role will have line management responsibility for Project Manager(s) within their team.
- Experience of leading and delivering (to time and budget) significant multi £m scale, projects, and programmes in complex, technical environments.
- Dedicated to working on large design projects good, early-stage projects through design, permissions, engineering feasibility studies and into enabling works stages
A track record of managing and engaging effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing multi-disciplinary teams, including internal and external resources. Driving integration, teamwork and problem solving, whilst holding teams accountable for performance.
- Comfortable with change with the ability to work with an organisation that is undergoing significant transformation.
- Able to demonstrate a proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience of establishing strong positive relationships with the supply chain, including procurement and contract management.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to lead through engaging, motivating, coaching, and empowering others.
- Able to establish and develop collaborative relationships
- Able to build consensus and set direction in uncertain situations and apply knowledge and techniques to reduce ambiguity.
- Able to recognise, anticipate and effectively deal with existing or potential conflicts or disconnects at individual, team, or strategic levels.
- Demonstrable strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, and at all levels of seniority.
- Nuclear, Infrastructure, Construction, public Sector experience.
- Experience of securing major permissions for infrastructure projects e.g., environmental permits and/or development consent
- Procurement and contract management experience
- Relevant programme and project management qualifications (e.g., PRINCE 2, Managing Successful Programmes, APM Practitioner Qualification and APM Registered Project Professional).
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.